Once you know what these keywords are, what do you do with them? Here are some ways you will want to include keywords in your blog to attract search engines appropriately.
- Use keywords in each of the blog posts you put up. Keywords should not have overuse in any post. Try to keep keywords under 2 or 3 percent of any post.
- Use a keyword in the title of each blog post: this is key to search engine ranking!
- Try to incorporate a keyword in the first 90 characters of the blog post you are writing.
- Use keywords in the “tags” and “keyword” functions of the blog. These are often asked for when you are posting the blog
- Use keywords in your tags, when creating pages in your website, too or in the blog’s set up
- Pick two to four keywords to use per blog post. Too many keywords make each post sound strange and limit your overall ability to communicate a message.
In addition to these items, there are other aspects of search engine optimization. For example, did you know that the search engines like to see short paragraphs? It is often best to include at least one set of bullet points in your posts, even if it just lists a few items at a time.