A blog is a fantastic tool. Think of it as a tool, a tool you can use to get leads to any type of business you may have. Blogs are tools that need to be in use regularly to keep them working for you. They do not do the work for you, but they do help you to accomplish some of the hardest aspects of your job: getting leads and getting sales from them.
No matter what you may be selling or promoting, a blog is a tool to enable you to get those leads. Since there are millions of potential customers available to you online, you likely want to attract as many of them as possible to your website, where you can promote your product or service and get sales.
Websites can be difficult to manage and they often leave the customer with an impersonal feel. Here are a few problems with websites, in general:
- Most websites are not changing The home page gives great information and the rest of the pages help to sell the item. This is usually a good thing but can keep search engines at bay and limit the personality of the website.
- Websites make it difficult for you to communicate with your readers You can only communicate through email, rather than the easy and helpful communication of comments.
- Websites can only be bookmarked so many times One time on each page is not enough to help with most social ranking.
- Websites are expensive Yes, expensive to manage – especially if you plan to have many pages of content available to the consumer.
- For many, blogs are more enjoyable and even easier to manage than a standard website. Even if you do not know any HTML, you can run your own blog.
For all of these reasons, it is often a good decision to incorporate the use of a blog to help you with lead generation. Any type of business can use a blog. You can even start out with a free blog, one that you do not have to invest any money in whatsoever.